Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Thursday, July 20, 2023

Pizza - Thwarted

I was in Westgarth over the weekend. I worked on Friday, before heading to Ghost's house for the weekend.

What shall I have for dinner on Friday? I considered pizza, but then thought: I'm working tomorrow until 12, 12:30. I might not have pizza tonight. I might go into Carlton tomorrow after work and have pizza for lunch in Lygon Street, and have a potter around the shops.

This sounded like a plan, so I bought chicken and chips for dinner and went to Westgarth, where I was greeted by Ghost, who seemed a bit confused to see me but was happy enough.




We weren't very busy on Saturday. Well, *we* weren't but pathology was. The waiting room was crammed full of people and they were all for pathology. Midday came and went. 1pm came - and went. We didn't finally get out until nearly 2pm. The pathology person suggested that I might have closed her check-in system earlier but it's not actually my job to do that. They are an entirely different company to us and we aren't supposed to interfere with their checking in system. They are supposed to manage it themselves.  But next time I might suggest at 11:30 or so that it might be a good idea.

I didn't go into Carlton. I couldn't be bothered at that time. I went into Clifton Hill instead and bought a fish pack for a very late lunch or early dinner. And I must say that I very much enjoyed my fried fish, calamari ring, steamed dim sim, chips and potato cake.

But it wasn't pizza.

I am told there is a very nice pizza place in Clifton Hill but I didn't know where it was and I couldn't see it on the street I was on. Freyja says that if I had gone around the corner, following the tramline, I would have found it. Never mind. Another time.

So. What to do on Sunday morning. The options, as I saw it, were: Have breakfast in the Four Beans cafe round the corner; go to the Sunday market in Alphington; go to La Manna; go to Carlton; stay in the house, have a cup of tea and then head back to Mount Helen.

I considered this and decided to have breakfast in the Four Beans cafe, while I thought about the rest of the day. It was a glorious morning for a little walk. There were lots of people out taking in the air and walking their dogs. There were quite a few people in the cafe, including a family group who appeared to be having a celebration breakfast of some sort.

I enjoyed my Sunday breakfast and decided not to go to the market or into Carlton but to have a slow morning and then to head home, via La Manna - where I spent a lot of money and more or less filled up all the space in the freezer that I have carefully created over the past few weeks!

I still haven't had that pizza, though. It's on my list of things to eat this coming weekend!

This week marks the third anniversary of our purchase of our house. I was quite surprised to get a message from the estate agent congratulating us and inviting us to have the place valued in case we should decide to sell it at some point. I hadn't realised that the three year anniversary had come around so quickly. I have no immediate plans to sell though. Far too much like hard work. And I don't think Stella would be absolutely delighted if I sold up and moved elsewhere a mere year after she had come to Ballarat

Sunday breakfast:




No comments:

Post a Comment