Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Weekly roundup

It was our weekend to go to visit Stella in Mount Martha, so we set off after I had been out to the mushroom farm and after a spot of lunch.

We had a good run down, which was enlivened when the satnav took me off the Monash Freeway at the Chadstone Exit and took us through Oakleigh and along Warrigal Road. I was expecting to turn left at the Princes Highway and to go through Dandenong. But no. On we went. So I thought maybe we were heading to the bay and would be going along the coast road. But instead we turned left onto the Dingley Bypass.

This was quite exciting. The Dingley Bypass (which I had not heard about) is the way we used to go in the old, old days, when it was just a road, long before it grew up into a multi-lane bypass. We wouldn't have come the way we went on Saturday. The Monash Freeway wasn't even a twinkle in the Planners' eyes. We would have come through the Eastern suburbs along what are now through roads. The freeway network is much, much more extensive now.

We had a good weekend at Stella's place. Stella and I did a bit of tidying of the dining table and sideboard. The weather was pleasant. And Freyja and Simon came to lunch on Sunday. It was good to see them. We don't seem to have seen them for ages, though I think it probably isn't as long as it seems.

We've spent a bit of time up at Rupert and Hugo's place over the past week. Otherwise, things have trundled along much as usual. I had an online Japanese lesson on Thursday morning. The District nurse came nice and early so I could join Lindsey on her Thursday morning shopping expedition. In fact, her timing was impeccable. She called me to say she was on her way literally as I was closing down the laptop as the Japanese lesson finished. The nurse was later on Monday, so I had a morning doing Useful Things while waiting for her, before heading up to Rupert and Hugo's place after she had been.

Covid has returned to Tabitha's household. Both Tabitha and Cally have tested positive again. Tabitha thinks they had Delta the last time and now have Omicron. She says the symptoms feel slightly different. So they are once again a Plague House and all plans for the coming week have been put on hold.

My plans for today have not been put on hold. I must get moving. It's Wednesday and I am off to work in about an hour. I really must change into work clothes before I go. And sort out lunches and things.



A Man with his dog

This is not a pampered Great Dane,
oh no, no, no

And nor is this!



And these are definitely not pampered cats

No comments:

Post a Comment