Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Monday, August 30, 2021

A Sunday Stroll around the back of the house

Once upon a time, when you put photos into Blogger, it put them in chronological order. Now it just puts them in random order and it is almost impossible to move them around. Short of putting them up individually, there doesn't seem to be much that can be done about this and, truth be told, I really can't be bothered putting them up individually.  

So here, in random order, are the photos I took late yesterday afternoon when I went for a potter around the back to see what was going on:


The tiny little bit of woodland at the back of our place
That's our fence on the left


You can tell spring is on the way:
the wattles are in bloom

Progress, such as it is, on the building site

More wattle flowers

The local children have built a bike track around the trees
Very enterprising, in my view

Our place, as I was walking back up the drive

The walkway over our side fence

Another view of the construction site.
They'e been very busy lately but don't seem to
have achieved very much

 It was a gloomy, drizzly day for most of Sunday. I lit the fire first thing and settled in for a day at home.

I enjoyed the online cooking class, which was from a rural setting somewhere near Nagasaki. The translator was the same person as Monday. The cook was her mother and the entire enterprise was supervised by one of the household cats. Both classes were people in their home kitchens showing how they make Japanese food. Not professional chefs, not professionally produced. Ordinary Japanese people showing their skills to ordinary people in Australia. A good way to spend an hour on a drizzly Sunday afternoon.

Inspired by the class, I made a prawn and noodle stir fry for lunch


It was a quiet Sunday, as befits a Lockdown weekend. Jim spent most of the day watching car and bike racing on the TV and seemed quite happy with that. And Brandy and Whiskey enjoyed the "tents" that I had made for them. Not that I thought I was making tents. I thought I was drying sheets in front of the fire. But obviously, sheets on clothes horses make perfect cat tents

Brandy

Whiskey


No comments:

Post a Comment