Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Friday, January 29, 2021

Gazebo

 In the summer of 2019 we bought a gazebo for our backyard.

We hadn't realised quite how big it was when we bought it.

It said it was simple to erect and to take down.  We did not find it so, though this might be because we do not go camping and never put up wind breaks or sun shade at the beach.

Once we got it up, we left it up until the autumn.

We did not put it up last summer.

January, 2019.
There are vegetable beds there now.

Since then we have had a patio put in by the dining room door and have put patio furniture on it. I have been considering what sort of shade cover to put out there. I think, eventually, that I will have a permanent shade sail put up, or perhaps an awning. But in the meantime, I remembered the neglected gazebo.

I decided that Jim and I might have a major falling out if we tried to put it up together. It was a close run thing last time! So I asked Lindsey if she would help. And yesterday she and Emily came round and put the gazebo up quickly and efficiently.  It *just* fits where I wanted it to go, if placed at a jaunty angle. It will definitely do for the time being. And perhaps until it falls apart.



Today, as you might have expected, it is pouring with rain, quite windy and a bit on the chilly side.  No patio picnics for us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment