Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Friday, April 09, 2010

It was a funny week. I was only at work for three days and I really, really wanted all of them to be Wednesday, for some reason.  This worked quite well on Wednesday.  Less well on Thursday and Friday! Plus, I was trying to get things wound up at work so they would tick over while I was away for three and a half weeks, and get ready to go to Australia for three weeks, and get the house ready to be abandoned and the garden ready to be neglected.  Although the garden is quite used to being neglected!

Gareth came and took away the car.

And we got a letter from the guttering people to say there was a discrepancy between what their salesman had quoted and what the surveyor thought the cost was likely to be and they were therefore cancelling the contract.  I have a feeling that they might have been legally bound by it, given that a contract had been signed and we had paid a deposit, but I wasn't going to argue.  As long as I get my deposit back, I can't be fussed with taking it to a tribunal. If it comes to it, we can get a local bloke in to do the front guttering and we can probably do the back ourselves.  Actually, we could probably do the lot ourselves (The Builder doing the buildering, and me holding the ladder) but if someone is going to fall off a tall, tall ladder while tackling the front guttering, I would rather it was someone else!! (Although I would, of course, prefer it if no one did!).

And now it's time to go!  See you in Australia!

No comments:

Post a Comment