Bell Avenue, Mount Helen August 2024

Friday, July 26, 2024

Frances' Busy Day

Yesterday evening, my dining/lounge room was full of flowers:





 The fire was lit



And the Pretty Kitty Kats were snug on the heated throw on the couch


You might almost have forgotten about the absolutely dreadful weather we had had in the morning. Cold, wet, windy and horrible, clearing to quite a pleasant late afternoon. And warm and cosy in my house.

I had quite a busy day. I was at the post office in Buninyong by 8:15 to send off my passport application. There was a bloke in there, propping up the counter, chatting to the post office people and keeping out of the rain. A lady came in with her toy poodle puppy, to see if she had any parcels. A young man came in, also to make a passport application. It's a nice little post office. Friendly and chatty.

I went home and tidied up a little. I went to the IGA to buy biscuits. I had a couple of deliveries.

Gillie came around in the afternoon for tea and biscuits and to talk about my portable induction hobs and my all-electric kitchen. My kitchen is made up of mostly portable equipment. Two portable induction hobs, two air fryer ovens and all the usual bit players such as the toaster and kettle, not to mention the equipment that lives in the hall cupboard and comes out when needed (slow cooker, toastie maker, blender, food processor). I do have a proper oven, but I only use it very occasionally. And the gas stove is still in place, but is never used. I've covered it over and the air fryers live on top of it. And now there is no gas coming into the house. Gillie had watched me making Sunday lunch for five people the last time she was around and wanted to talk about how well I thought it all worked (I did use the proper oven on that occasion!) She brought with her the jonquils.

After she left, Lindsey came around and we trundled out to the Smythes Creek Farmgate Shop, returning via the supermarket in Sebastopol.

I treated myself to steak with roasties for dinner, went to bed nice and early and actually slept quite well, at least until around 4:00.

A good day, in which quite a lot was accomplished.


This morning, my dining/living room is still full of flowers, but the cats are in their boat bed by the front window. The heated throw on the couch has been turned off.



1 comment:

  1. You’re definitely sounding more chipper these days. Loved your ‘contemplative’ exercise post.
    Flowers, steak & roast tatties plus a dip in the pool all the makings of less stressful life. Good to be alive eh??

    ReplyDelete