Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Thursday, March 30, 2023

Back to Gifu

We had a nice, lazy start to the day. Breakfast on the top floor, at a table looking out over the lake. A leisurely packing time. Sitting on our couch on the 33rd floor, watching the lake and the paddle steamer starting its daily trips



 

And then we came home. Unlike our trip to Lake Biwa, when we went the scenic route along the lakeshore, we came back on the expressways, stopping at an outlet mall for a wander round and a spot of lunch, which we bought at a convenience store and ate at a picnic table.

We hit the supermarket when we got back and bought steak for tea, which we had with rice and vegetables. It is very nice eating out, but it is lovely to get home and have a home cooked meal.

I emphatically did not buy these for my lunch:


These are more or less Spam onigiri.
Odd!

I do not understand the Japanese fascination with Spam. But someone must be buying it or it wouldn't be on the shelves. I haven't noticed it on previous trips but I assume it is not a new thing. 

I had a tuna mayo onigiri and an egg and ham sandwich. Much more palatable.

No comments:

Post a Comment