Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Monday, January 16, 2023

Sunday

Compared with the weather on Saturday (and today, which is also forecast to be hot and sunny), yesterday was cool, damp and grey. It was very tempting to stay in the house and drink tea and eat cake. Except I didn't have any cake and in any case - there were plans!

One of which was to put fuel in the car, which was very thirsty.

And then I went out to the Alphington Farmers' market, where I had breakfast and bought supplies for the coming week. I was there quite early and it was already very busy. I was reading a review on Trip Advisor (not a resource that I take particularly seriously) which complained that it only seemed to have produce and food and no artisan or craft stalls and was more like a farmers' market than a Sunday market. Personally, I think the clue is in the name!

I was happy enough


Sunday breakfast

I had given much thought to going out to North Balwyn, where I was expected for lunch, by tram. It's an easy enough trip - tram into town, tram out to North Balwyn - and would cost me nothing (senior's travel card allows free tram travel at the weekends). But it would also take 90 minutes or so, rather than 15 minutes by car. Also, if I went by car, I could stop in Clifton Hill for some sparkling water and teabags at the cute McCoppins supermarket. There is also a small Woollies, but I didn't notice that until I had been into McCoppins.

So out to North Balwyn I went, to Robert and Susan's house for Sunday lunch. I was unsurprised when Rod also arrived. No-one had said he was coming but I had vaguely thought that he might. Anyway, the table was set for four! And a very delicious lunch it was too, plus, of course, convivial company.

Unaccountably, I didn't take any photos of the humans present. I did get the resident cats, though :D

Leonardo, with bone


Bella, without bone

Then I came back to Westgarth, by a circuitous route, just because I could

No comments:

Post a Comment