Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Saturday, November 19, 2022

My week

Lindsey and I were at work last Saturday. It was a steady session, not too busy but enough going on to make it interesting. Even more exciting - after we finished we did not go to Mount Martha to do house clearing. The house is fully cleared and ready to go on the market, so we just came home again.

We went supermarket shopping on Sunday and visited Stella and then Jim in the afternoon.

I took Jim for a haircut on Tuesday (the hairdresser works from inside the care facility on Tuesdays so no need to go out). Then we went to visit Stella in her room. She has the appointment before Jim's so they were both looking beautiful.

On Thursday, Stella and I went to Central Square, where we visited Peter Alexander, Myer, a cute little toy and book shop that I've not seen before, and the pharmacy. Then we went up to Hill House, where Freyja and Simon had stayed overnight. Simon and two colleagues had been at Fed Uni during the morning and came up to Hill House for lunch. This was VERY exciting for Rupert and Hugo. They love having visitors - as long as the unknown visitors are accompanied by happy people that they do know.

We had home made pizzas. I had taken some pizza bases out off the freezer when I realised that Freyja and Simon would be around for lunch. Fortunately there was enough for six, rather than the four I was anticipating.

Impromptu lunch party:



Austin reported, as the week went on, that Tatsuki, then Kaori and finally Austin had been struck with Covid. I think they are more or less better now.

I went to the Delacombe shops after I dropped Stella off on Thursday after lunch. I was on my way back when Stella rang to say she had fallen in her bathroom. I happened to be driving down the road that her place is on, so called back in. She had a nurse and two carers in attendance, who were changing her into her night clothes and sorting her out. She wasn't badly hurt but she is on blood thinners so there was blood everywhere from a tear in her hand. She took herself to bed with some cheese and biscuits and a (non alcoholic) gin and tonic to recover.

Brandy got squashed yesterday, when the laundry door gently blew shut and caught him between the door and the (plastic) bucket. I don't think he was particularly hurt but he was definitely startled and not best pleased. I think he thought it was my fault - although I was, in fact, outside and taking compost from last year's compost bin to cover the potatoes and nowhere near the laundry door. He's forgiven me now.

Lindsey came home from work at lunchtime yesterday having herself tested positive for Covid. She's not very unwell so far. I've spent quite a bit of time with Lindsey over the past week, on and off.  I have a RAT supply at home so will keep an eye on things. I do not want to be the one who re-introduces Covid into the Mount Clear Residential Aged Care Facility! I didn't go in yesterday as a precaution but this morning's RAT is negative and I have no symptoms so I'll go this afternoon.

Lindsey has lent me an air fryer to play with. I used it and my bench top grill to play with chicken pieces yesterday evening. Chicken thighs four ways 😂 Just as well I had had lots of vegetables for lunch because pretty much all I ate last night was chicken!

No comments:

Post a Comment