Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Friday, August 24, 2018

New things

The fridge is up and running and we have started to put things in it.  It is a very shiny, lovely new fridge.  It even has a water reservoir so you can have cold water on tap - provided that you remember to fill the reservoir!


Jim very carefully measured the fridge cavity in the kitchen before we went shopping. We triple checked the dimensions of the fridge before we paid for it.  It fits pretty much exactly, except that it juts out by a few centimetres.  We can live with that.


It's quite a big fridge, by our standards at least. The Tupton fridges (they were consecutive; we didn't have two at once!) were "under the counter" fridges and this one is considerably bigger than that.  It has a built in shelf for cans in the door.  I suspect most people would put beer in but I have filled it with cans of soft drink for visitors. There is also a two bottle wine rack.  At the moment the wine is in the cupboard above - and I can't reach it when the fridge door is shut!  Fortunately Jim can 😉

The bottom is a freezer.  It's still empty. I crammed everything into the freezer in the garage when we emptied the old fridge/freezer.  I'll sort it all out when time permits.



And here are the glasses I got in Clunes last weekend


I had bought two of the little ones the last time we were there, got home and, of course, thought that I should have bought four. So I dropped in to get two more.  While I was there I bought four of the tall ones.  They were fairly expensive for glasses (at least they were expensive for me). I came out of the shop feeling very much like the woman in the poem "Warning" by Jenny Joseph.  Not so much: 

And I shall spend my pension on brandy and summer gloves
And satin sandals, and say we've no money for butter

More:

I shall spend our money on drinking glasses, pretty things,
At market stalls - and say we've no money for milk or bread

Fortunately we have milk and bread, not to mention a full garage freezer.  All is good


No comments:

Post a Comment