Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Fairly Quiet

It's been a quiet few days.

The Weather Dogs have brought rain, wind and cool temperatures to Ballarat, although they did take their clouds and rain away when Jim, Lindsey and I went to the monthly Bridge Mall market.  I particularly wanted to go for the mushrooms and the eggs, plus the bacon if the pork people were there.  Both the mushroom seller and the egg seller have bags and trays of seconds mushrooms and eggs at bargain prices. I do not mind mis-shapen produce, nor do I mind if my eggs and mushrooms are not of uniform sizes.  If you want to sell me bags of mushrooms and trays of eggs at half price, then I am happy to buy them and eat them. The bacon people were there. I bought bacon supplies and pork chops.  Lindsey bought us all egg and bacon rolls for breakfast.

Back at home I had a Japanese lesson that was more complicated than I expected it to be. I was the only student and the sensei decided (rightly) that I already knew the grammar point that the lesson was covering and turned it into a conversation lesson.  Stretched my vocal and grammar, that did!

We went out the Elaine farm shop in the afternoon and are now set up with provisions for the next little while. We'll need milk, bread and fresh veg but for the rest I think we're good.  I bought apples, oranges and mandarins at the market, which should keep for a while.  And, of course, we might eat them! So the fruit bowl is full, the veg bowl almost so. The freezers are satisfactorily stocked. We are not likely to starve :-D

We had a very quiet Sunday and then moved up to Lindsey and Ian's place on Monday afternoon. It was almost a catastrophe.  We had been there for an hour or so when I realised that we had left our wine supplies at Tani no uchi!!!!!!!  Fortunately, our place is only a five minutes drive from Lindsey and Ian's place. I went down and retrieved some.

Aside from that, not much has happened.  The weather remains cold, wet and windy in Ballarat.  Less so in Melbourne but you wouldn't exactly call it warm and sunny. And now I am off to work, then back to Ballarat this evening. Another week progressing without incident. (So far, at least)

No comments:

Post a Comment