Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Sunday, June 10, 2018

Peace and Quiet

It is early on Sunday morning, halfway through my personal long, long weekend.  It is true that it is a long weekend in most of Australia for many people. Tomorrow is a public holiday in most states.  My long weekend is even longer than that, because I worked on Thursday  last week rather than on Friday, so I got a four day weekend.

Not only that, it was a long weekend for which we had no plans at all.  A rare and unusual event!

And we haven't done all that much.

We went out to the Delacombe shops on Friday, to visit the butcher, the fruit and veg shop and the supermarket.

We went to Lake Wendouree yesterday morning to visit the farmers' market

We have sorted out the carrot tub and potted on some cabbage and cauliflower seedlings

We dropped down to our place to see how it was getting on without us.

I had an online Japanese lesson

We have played with the dogs and kept them fed, watered and entertained.

We have taken things slowly and gently and done no rushing about.

So far it's been lovely!

I did spend the better part of a morning trying to unblock Lindsey and Ian's Dyson vacuum cleaner - with no success.  I think I know where the blockage is but I can't get to it. I had more success unblocking their Dyson dust buster but it took ages.  I understand that Dysons aren't supposed to block up but I can't say that that has been my experience at all. And when they do block up you often need to take them apart with a screwdriver to fix it. I am emphatically not taking Lindsey and Ian's expensive vacuum cleaner apart with  screwdriver!!!!!  We ended up bringing our not-very-expensive Vax up from our place and using that. We bought it when we moved into Tani no uchi so we've only had it three months but so far it hasn't got blocked.  If it does I don't think we will need a screwdriver to fix it.

My plan for today and tomorrow is to be relatively lazy, to prepare meals for the coming week,  to take advantage of the sunshine, to potter and meander.

So nice to have a few days in which there is nothing very much to do.



Sunset, East Melbourne from last week



No comments:

Post a Comment