Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Thursday, July 05, 2012

Much quieter week so far

So after all that excitement the past few days have been quite quiet. It was a very quiet weekend in which we did very little apart from dodge the showers, rush out during the occasional burst of sunshine, inspect the garden and allotment, eat and drink, and watch a bit of television.

We can't do all that much.  I have started buying plane tickets for the Grand World Tour!!  So far I have bought the plane flights to Manchester for the beginning of December, flights from Cairns to Osaka at the beginning of January and then flights from Tokyo to Manchester mid-January.  I do realise that that abandons us in Singapore, whereupon we drop into a black hole only to reappear 4 weeks later in Cairns. But that's the really big tickets now paid for and we are now waiting for other people to make decisions about December - plus I also have a few things I want to think about before booking anything else. And, of course, I have now run out of money!!! So we can't dash about spending money wildly or we'll end up abandoned in Singapore and not be able to get to Cairns, still less Perth and Melbourne!!!!!!!!!

In the meantime, it continues to rain. April to June were, I think, the wettest on record in England.  I asked the Magic Eight Ball last evening if it would ever stop raining.  The answer was a resounding "NO!".  Although I would have to admit that it isn't actually raining at this exact moment. In fact, there is a strange light shining outside and the sky is patchworked with a strange blue colour.  But I think it probably won't last.  It's beginning to look tired by the exertion already.

Off to see Tabitha, Gareth and Cally this evening. I believe there will be food and drink and conversation - and an opportunity to see how many times I can bowl Cally over as she runs about avoiding my bowling ball  :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment