Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Monday, March 07, 2011

Home again

Actually, coming home in a hire car worked really quite well.  It was a lot more expensive than a pre-planned cheap rail ticket (although nothing like as expensive as an on-the-day rail ticket).  And it was extremely comfortable.  We took a taxi from the hotel to the car rental place, transfered our bags into the hire car, paid over a wad of dosh, and moseyed on home.  Then we took the car into Sheffield on Friday to drop it off.  It was all good.  I'll look into doing it again.  It's possible that if we booked and paid in advance we could find a deal.  Plus, there are some companies that have depots in Chesterfield, which would be even more useful!!

And so we are home again.  The cat was *extremely* pleased to see us.  The chooks were fairly pleased - but I think they would be pleased to see anyone bearing food!  We've had quite a nice weekend, though I must say that I am very disorientated.  I am having some trouble working out where I am - I keep wanting Melbourne things to be handy (wanna go and meet Simon's new puppy!!!)  :-S.  And my body appears to have moved permanently onto Athens time.  Which would be fine - if we were in Greece.  But we're not. Must move onto Tupton time sometime soon.  Now would be useful.  I'm supposed to be going to London tomorrow for a meeting.

Saving up now for a Tokyo:Melbourne:Manchester jaunt in August.  This will be do-able as long as I eat grass and drink pond water between now and then. Thank goodness for Lent is all I can say :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment