Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Saturday, May 01, 2010

La Petanque Restaurant

Stella and Tony took us to La Petanque for lunch on Thursday.  It's a French restaurant out in the country near Red Hill on the Mornington Peninsula.  It's quite small, with just one waiting person who I think is one of the owners.

And the food was LOVELY.

The Builder and I had snapper for our main course.  It came with peas in a tarragon sauce, pink grapefruit pieces and a parsnip puree.

I am not usually much fussed by parsnip and didn't expect to eat much of the puree.  But it was absolutely delicious and I ate ever scrap.  And then stole the end of Tony's roll so I could clean my plate - Stella wouldn't let me lick it!!  Phillippe, the waiter, decided that I obviously hadn't enjoyed my main course one tiny little bit!

Stella and Tony had duck


And then we had dessert - an unusual occurrence.

The Builder had a poached William pear with nougat


The rest of us had apple crepes with apple sorbet.


It was all scrumdidliumptious.

It's not a cheap place to eat, but if you should be looking for somewhere celebratory on the Mornington Peninsula, you couldn't do better than this place

No comments:

Post a Comment