Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Weather report

When I got up and looked out the window this morning, the sun was shining (well, it was after about 6:40), there was not a cloud in the sky - and everything was completely white. The fields were white, the garden was white, the roofs were white. It was so white I thought it had been snowing. But it hadn't. It was just a very thick frost. It was very beautiful. It was also very early. It's only October!

It's been snowing in London. It was the first October snow in London since 1934, apparently.

Freya's Facebook account has been deactivated :-( She doesn't know why. We think it's because in their unseemly haste to rid the world of bears, they are also eliminating humans. So poor Freyja now has no internet or landline at home, no mobile phone because it hasn't got back from its adventuring yet, and now no Facebook account. She can't use Skype at work so no effective means of communicating with the outside world!

The sun is shining through the library window, then through the window separating me from the library floor and right into my eyes. Could almost do with a curtain!

I have dug out one of my thick winter woollies. It's very early for this too. It's still only October!!


1 comment:

  1. Hello! I still exist!

    You can contact me by email (although I will only be able to get it at work for the time being)

    ReplyDelete