Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

House News

We have this very lunchtime put an offer on a sweet little house in New Tupton

The offer has been accepted. Now we just need to sort out the mortgage. I'm off to see the finance adviser tomorrow morning. Please keep your collective fingers crossed.

Assuming we get it, we will, of course, ditch the chintz and those horrible square things on the wall.

We just have to hope that the finance adviser can sort a mortgage for us expeditiously and that the frail, breathless, sickly, little old lady vendor lives long enough to exchange contracts with us! (Not that I'm really being heartless but it was one of those occasions, when she was showing us around, where I had all my fingers and toes crossed that she wouldn't actually die while we were there. I used to have an English lecturer a bit like that. He was 95 if he was a day and, interesting though his lectures were, I was always seriosuly distracted by the fear that he would die at his lectern!)

I'll keep you informed.

No comments:

Post a Comment