Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Sunday, February 19, 2006

It's been a beautiful day today. A gorgeous, crisp, frosty, sunny winter day. And I've been stuck inside for nearly all of it. A grand total of 12 students and 8 queries so far today -- and 3 of those were when the catalogue went down.

Never mind. Soon be time to go home. I'm planning a spicy (but not chilli-ed) vegetable and butter bean stew for supper tonight. I do like butter beans :) So does TB.

T was held up in her shop yesterday afternoon, by a man with a gun (or perhaps a replica). A foolish or perhaps apprentice burglar. Took cash from one till but not the other (which had all the money in it) and took none of the rather expensive merchandise. If he's caught, he's looking at a nice jail term for armed robbery - for the grand total of about £70. Hardly seems worth it to me. Had to turn out last evening and ply her with wine, for she was shaken rather than damaged, thank goodness.

F and M are back. Dining with T tonight. Probably back at our place this evening. There goes the order and tidiness!!

Not working tomorrow. Yay!

Oh yes. My toast fought back this morning :( I gripped it firmly, all the better to spread vegemite on it -- and it bit a hole in my finger :( It's not at all conveniently located. Hurts when I hit the keyboard!




No comments:

Post a Comment